The Artists’ Network welcomes your interest in participating in the Riverdale ArtWalk/ArtWalk in the Square. Please note that this is a Fine Art Show. One of the reasons that artists like participating in the Artists’ Network outdoor shows is that we are strict with regards to only accepting Fine Art. Over the years, technology and processes have changed and we have been asked by the artist community to outline our criteria. This is not intended to limit anyone’s ability to show and sell their work, only to ensure that the high standard of art showcased by all artists is what you expect. As such the following rules apply:
- All work must be original and executed by the accepted artist. No functional art; mugs, bowls, posters, pillows, books, jewelry, T-shirts or other clothing or home décor is permitted.
- Photographs and digital works must be signed by the artist and appropriately numbered indicating a limited number of prints of no more than 100. Only one version of each image may be displayed at a time.
- Reproductions of non-photographic or digital work (ie – reproductions or prints of original paintings) may occupy a maximum of 15% of booth area (approximately ½ wall). They are to be numbered and labeled as reproductions. Open Editions (not numbered) are permitted; however only 1 version of each reproduction may be shown at a time. Notecards may be shown in multiples and are included within the 15% limitation.
- Artists are permitted to have non-conforming work in a portfolio to show to prospective buyers.
- Exhibited work must be consistent with the images submitted by the artist and must conform to the event guidelines.
- All decisions on the suitability of art to be displayed made by the Artists’ Network or its representatives are final. The accepted artists are expected to co-operate fully with the Network. Exhibitors will be monitored by the Artists’ Network and its representatives and we reserve the right to remove any questionable or non-approved art from the show. Any artist who violates the rules, is uncooperative or who demonstrates abusive behaviour may be asked to leave the show and will forfeit the right to participate in any future shows.