Riverside Common Park
Sundays: June 26, August 14 & October 2
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
657 Queen Street East, Toronto
Leslie Grove Park
Art in the Park joins the Beaches Jazz Festival Sounds of Leslieville
Saturday & Sunday: July 9 – 10
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
1158 Queen Street East, Toronto
New Opportunities for Artists!
NEW – Art in the Park with the Artists’ Network!
The Artists’ Network is pleased to announce a collaboration with the Riverside BIA and with the Beaches Jazz Festival Sounds of Riverside & Leslieville. Art in the Park with the Artists’ Network brings art to the local community with outdoor art markets at their doorstep.
This is a great opportunity for you to get exposure and be part of a series of ongoing community events Sundays @ Riverside Common taking place in Toronto’s NEW Riverside Common Park. It’s where the growing community can enjoy local live music, fun activities, art, eats and shopping this spring, summer and fall!
We are excited for Art in the Park to be joining the Beaches Jazz Festival Sounds of Leslieville & Riverside in Leslie Grove Park in July. This inaugural event is sure to draw the crowds to the vibrant neighbourhoods along Queen Street East with a full line-up of performers at the Riverside Common Stage, Main Stage, Block Party and the Big Band Stage in Leslie Grove Park.
Each of the Artists’ Network hosted art markets will showcase different artists in the flourishing Queen East arts district.
No Submission Fee
Participation Fee = $140 (Artists’ Network Member) or $160 (Non-Member) + HST/show/day
SPECIAL RATE for opening event only June 26th: $50 – Artists’ Network Member or $75 – Non- Member +HST
Please read our exhibition guidelines in detail before applying. The submission must be completed in full to be considered. If you are not accepted into the show, your participation fee will be refunded.
NEW – LIMITED RENTALS AVAILABLE ON SITE!
- $50 (tent and weights) /show/day
- payable through e-transfer to the Riverside BIA
- limited availability
- must set up the tent yourself
- TO BOOK: email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request rental, you must indicate date needed. Confirmation with instructions to e-transer funds will be emailed if there is a tent available for you.
- Artists may participate in one or more shows, and can state preferred dates in the submission.
- In addition to fine art, artists will be permitted to sell prints, cards, and functional art including mugs, bowls, posters, pillows, books, jewellery, and wearable art.
- All work must be executed by the accepted artist.
- All decisions on the suitability of art to be displayed made by the Artists’ Network or its representatives are final. The accepted artists are expected to co-operate fully with the Network. Exhibitors will be monitored by the Artists’ Network and its representatives and we reserve the right to remove any questionable or non-approved art from the show. Any artist who violates the rules, is uncooperative or who demonstrate abusive behaviour may be asked to leave the show and will forfeit their right to participate in any future shows.
SHOW GOES ON RAIN OR SHINE
- These will be small pop-up shows (up to 15-20 booths per event)
- Set-up is 2-3 hours before the beginning of the show.
- Artists will have a 10’x10’ booth space and are responsible for providing their own setup – tents, tables and hanging systems or alternative options. White tents are strongly encouraged. All tents MUST be weighted.
- Collectives and shared booths are not permitted.
- Booth allocation will be set randomly.
- NEW – LIMITED RENTALS ON-SITE – first come, first served
- Additional Rentals are available through: AER Event Rentals Inc (formerly AllCargos Tent and Event Rental) 38 Metropolitan Road Unit 8 Scarborough ON M1R 2T6 – Ph: 416-317-6650
- Artists are encouraged to animate their space, whether painting live, interactive demonstrations or to incorporate other community activity.
- There will be music during the Art in the Park events.
- On July 9 & 10 performances will take place in Leslie Grove Park Big Band stage as part of the Jazz Festival.
- There will be a representative from the BIA and/or Artists’ Network onsite at all events, however, artists will need to be self sufficient as there will be minimal supervision and no volunteers to provide on site support on the day of the events.
CANCELATION REFUND POLICY
Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com 4 weeks before event date. Your participation is automatically considered confirmed unless we receive a request to cancel your submission in writing. In the event that the City of Toronto or the Artists’ Network feels it is unsafe to host the in-person show, your participation fee will be reimbursed.
The Art in the Park shows will be juried by arts professionals. Submitted images must be clear, sharp, and representative of what you will exhibit; rejected submissions are often due to poor quality images or photographs that have other elements (walls, frames) in the submission photo. Please be sure you follow submission requirements.
We heavily promote the Art in the Park events with postcards at the Riverdale ArtWalk and ArtWalk in the Square, through the BIA , through the Jazz Festival, with the local condo associations where possible and via social media, a substantial digital ad campaign. In addition, we provide artists with postcards and social tools they need to promote their participation in our shows.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Artists’ Network is committed to always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation. We expect the same from our artist members. We will not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour towards any member of our team. Refusal to comply with this policy may result in an artist being asked to leave the show.
If you have further questions or need help with your application, please contact the Artists’ Network.