Martha Johnson has developed a series of “Big Concept” lectures that navigate human history and the narrative of making art. She speaks to artists that may not have had the opportunity to study visual art directly and are looking to establish depth in practice as well as finding their niche. Accessibly referencing the beginning of human creativity Martha connects work associated with western civilization/culture, important archeological structures, earthworks, Indigenous artworks to universal concepts. Moving across many cultures and modes of creation the story of “HUMANTIME” is eye-opening, filled with humour, connection and ignites art-making practices.
Continuing on from Martha’s previous seminar HUMANTIME– A REALLY BIG PICTURE ABOUT ART, this session HUMANTIME: YOUR PART IN THE REALLY BIG PICTURE (PART II) is open to anyone who wishes to register and attend. Everyone can learn from this session!
Up to ten artists will be chosen to submit work for critique and discussion as to their connection to a greater lineage. Conversation and themes discussed finding placement in the Contemporary art world. Martha’s version of critique is positive, layered, insightful and thorough. It is meant to inspire action, assist in completion of a work if required and importantly suggest when to stop.
Martha’s version of critique is positive, layered, insightful and thorough. It is meant to inspire action, assist in completion of a work if required and importantly suggest when to stop.
Date: Saturday, April 8, 2023
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Leslie Grove Gallery
Fee: $25 for non-members, FREE to members
To ATTEND this seminar, please fill out the form below.
SUBMIT ART FOR REVIEW
If you would like to SUBMIT YOUR WORK for critique and discussion, please click HERE
- You may submit 1-2 images of art for consideration
- You must be available to bring either piece to the gallery April 8th, 1pm
Information Required on Submission Form:
- This is an eventeny submission form. If you do not have an account you will be required to create one, using an email and password.
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement
- Quality image of the artwork. Please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Category = Medium
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES, MEASUREMENTS INCLUDE FRAME
- Description of the artwork – any detail of this particular work that is compelling or not covered in your general Artist Statement. Do not repeat your Artist Statement. Max 75 words.
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Please 1) complete the participation form 2) complete payment below if fee is required
2. Pay the participation fee
- Select the appropriate payment below. Click the buy now button, you will be directed to PayPal where you can pay via credit card or PayPal account. Please remember to do this after clicking Submit as you can not save the form-field data.
- Paypal will email your receipt of payment.