September 25 – October 9, 2020
ArtWalk in the Square has moved ONLINE for 2020.
Due to Covid 19, our outdoor show has moved to ArtWalk in the Square ONLINE , connecting you with art lovers who can experience your art and shop from the safety of their own home!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to present your work to a wider audience!
ArtWalk in the Square is an online, fine art exhibition hosting established and emerging artists exhibiting painting, photography, mixed media, printmaking, drawing, glass and sculpture, in a juried show featuring ONLY fine art. Participation is limited to 100 artists presenting original pieces of art for sale!
Please read our criteria and guidelines in detail before applying. The application must be completed in full, including the payment of the non refundable submission fee, to be considered.
Please note that you MUST set up a profile/register as a Member or Non-Member in order to submit to Artists’ Network shows or events.
- See our HELP – BUILDING YOUR PROFILE INSTRUCTIONS and STEP BY STEP SUBMISSION HOW TO DOCUMENT linked on this page
- Questions: reach out to the Artists’ Network at email@example.com.
- Thursday, August 13 – deadline for new submissions and current artists’ participation decision
- Saturday, August 15 – Notification to all artists of acceptance, and next steps
- Tuesday, September 8 – Sunday, October 4 – Preview at Leslie Grove Gallery
- Friday, September 25 – Virtual (and maybe in person) opening at Leslie Grove Gallery
- Friday September 25 – Friday, October 9 – Online show on Eventeny LIVE
- Saturday, October 10 – Saturday, October 18 – Platform open but not promote to accommodate post show sales
$97 +HST due upon acceptance into the Online ArtWalk in the Square
Artists retain 100% of the sales – less transaction STRIPE fees (approx. 2.9%, plus 30 cents per transaction) and transaction fee of 5% (Eventeny). The Artists’ Network receives no commission or rebate back from any transaction fees. We recommend you add 10% to the cost of your art to cover these costs but it is up to the individual artist.
About the platform
- We are limiting our show to 100 artists participants. Participation is open to:
- Any artist who was successfully juried into the ArtWalk in the Square 2020 must send a confirmation of participation by deadline. No new submission required.
- Artists’ Network members may complete a submission to be considered. Not a member? No problem, join today with our pro-rated membership fee: MEMBER REGISTRATION
- You may include up to 30 pieces of art. in the store.
- Original art only – no functional art. Photographs and digital works must be signed by the artist and appropriately numbered indicating a limited number of prints of no more than 100.
- Prints can be sold, but limited to 20% of items displayed and sold in your store. (ie 20 pieces in your store – 4 can be prints). Only one print of the same image can be displayed at any time in your online store. The store will enable you to sell multiples of the same print by indicating the number available.
- Artists are responsible for uploading their profile and art into their “store” with in the event upon acceptance into the show. Artist AWS Online Form
- for managing all inventory and sales.
- Artists are responsible for all communication with the client.
- Artists set shipping and handling fees and for all shipping/delivery to the client.
- Artists are responsible for managing all transaction through their Stripe account.
- Artists are responsible for remitting and collect appropriate taxes.
- Artists must complete a contract and waiver.
ArtWalk in the Square is juried by arts professionals. They are looking for a consistent theme to the work, originality, and quality. Submitted images must be clear, sharp, and representative of what you will exhibit; rejected submissions are often due to poor quality images or photographs that have other elements (walls, frames) in the submission photo. Please be sure you follow submission requirements.
We heavily promote ArtWalk in the Square Online – via social media, through a substantial digital ad campaign. We promote our shows via online event calendars. In addition, we provide artists with the graphics to promote their participation in our show. We are planning an in person Preview in the Leslie Grove Gallery. More details to come
Code of Conduct
Artists’ Network is committed to always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation. We expect the same from our artist members. We will not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour towards any member of our team. Refusal to comply with this policy may result in an artist being asked to leave the show.
If you have any questions or need help with your application, please contact Angela.